ACM30612 Certificate III in Pet Grooming
For the groomer entering into the professional grooming industry.
This certificate is for groomers who are students at:
A grooming school.
Staff within the grooming industry.
This qualification allows for work in roles such as assistant grooming assistant, stylist assistant and trainee groomer.
Successful completion of this qualification allows you to undertake ACM40612
Certificate IV in Pet Styling.
There are no entry requirements.
This course develops the necessary skills and knowledge required to work as an assistant pet grooming attendant. The role can be varied and includes duties such as salon reception and housekeeping, as well as bathing, brushing, trimming and other basic grooming services for domestic pets, usually dogs and in some cases cats.
To be successful in this role, you need patience and a genuine empathy for animals, excellent customer service skills as well as high standards of cleanliness and professionalism.
We recommend that whilst studying this course, you seek paid employment or substantial periods of work experience, in a workplace that provides pet grooming service, to support your practical learning
This qualification is delivered online and is an Assessment Only qualification.
Assessment includes formative and summative evidence of skills and knowledge for the unit of competency.
This assessment strategy is competency based and aims to assess the participant’s
skills through the following:
1. Practical demonstration of dog grooming and animal handling skills.
2. Participation in various activities, role plays, presentations, demonstrations, scenarios, simulations and problem solving activities.
3. Participation in questionnaires and exercises for each module (pre, mid, and post topic duration).
Level 1 practical assessments can be carried out within a training facility or workplace.
Application will apply.
Detailed evidence will need to be collected.
Successful completion of all online and practical assessments are required to receive the certificate.
Certificate or Statement of Attainment is issued by the Parramatta College (RTO ID 90276).
|ACMCAS301A||Work effectively in the companion animal industry ||Core|
|ACMCAS304A||Capture, handle and transport companion animals||Elective|
|ACMCAS306A||Provide grooming services for companion animal comfort ||Core|
|ACMCAS307A||Provide companion animal hydro-bathing services||Core|
|ACMGAS203A||Complete animal care hygiene routines ||Core|
|ACMGAS206A||Provide basic first aid for animals||Core|
|ACMGAS207A||Provide reception services for an animal care facility||Elective|
|ACMGAS209A||Provide information on companion animals, products and |
|ACMGAS301A||Maintain and monitor animal health and wellbeing||Core|
|ACMGAS302A||Provide enrichment for animals ||Elective|
|ACMGAS306A||Assist with conditioning animals||Elective|
|ACMGRM301A||Perform dog grooms on different coat types ||Core|
|ACMGRM302A||Perform a cross breed clip ||Core|
|ACMINF301A||Comply with infection control policies and procedures in |
|ACMSPE304A||Provide basic care of dogs ||Elective|
|ACMSPE305A||Provide basic care of domestic cats||Elective|
|ACMSUS201A||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices ||Core|
|ACMWHS301A||Contribute to workplace health and safety processes||Core|
|BSBINM301A||Organise workplace information ||Elective|
|SIRXCCS201||Apply point-of-sale handling procedures||Elective|
|SIRXFIN201 ||Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal ||Elective|
|SITXCCS002A||Provide quality customer service||Elective|
ACM30612 CERTIFICATE III IN PET GROOMING
$6,000 (GST Exclusive)
1. One set of 5 DGI Student Manuals
2. 4 weeks course plus 1 week practical
i) Part 1: WHS within the Grooming Industry
(1) Conduct a mock evacuation within your workplace.
ii) Part 2: Wash Dry Groom and Clip.
(1) Perform canine handling on three separate occasions in the form of a role play.
(2) Perform pre-bath groom procedure and techniques.
(3) Perform a bathing and drying procedure and techniques.
(4) Perform post-bath groom procedure and techniques.
(5) Perform an industry standard breed group groom.
(6) Perform pre-bath clip procedure and techniques.
(7) Perform post-bath clip procedure and techniques.
(8) Perform Poodle points including feet and face.
(9) Perform a cross breed clip.
iii) Part 3: Client Services within the Grooming Industry.
(1) Perform client services role play phone call.
(2) Perform client services role play face to face interaction.
(3) Complete a practical register sale of a product or service within the grooming salon on three separate occasions.
(4) Develop an “End of Day Balance Sheet” and complete a practical “End of Day Balance” on three separate occasions.
3. Written Online Assessments
i) Level 1 WHS
ii) Level 1 Animal Care
iii) Level 1 Wash Dry Groom
iv) Level 1 Client Services
v) Level 1 Practical Assessments
Additional Starting Pack at $550 (GST inclusive)
- 3 pair of entry level scissors
- 1 x grooming table book
- 1 x comb
- 1 x brush
- 1 x nail clipper
- 1 x forceps
- 1 x grooming jacket
Bather/Brusher – 1 Week Course @$1,500 (GST Exclusive)
HANDS ON 1 TO1 WORKSHOP – 1 Day @$300 (GST Exclusive)
Salon Teddy Haircut/Transformation – 1 week @$1,500 (GST Exclusive)
Improve speed and technique in day to day salon teddy haircut and also learning the transformation of breed clip